Saturday, May 4, 2019

The Future

Honestly, I'd love to be optimistic about the future but it's rather hard to. I mean, theres the obvious fact that climate change is going to change our life for the worst in our lifetime and no one with power will do anything about it, and also the terrifying parallels to America's current leaders politically with some horrible moments in history, mixed with the technology that would be amazing if I wasn't for the types of people and governments that will use them, and more and more. 

Basically, I don't think that it's going to be a good time, and I think the next few decades are going to be scary and horrible. Sometimes I'd rather not think about it too hard. Sometimes I think I should have picked a career path that would have more power to change things, instead of the one I wanted to do. Sometimes it feels like nothing can change it besides a handful of uncaring people, so why bother?

I don't envision a very good future past my lifetime, though a part of me will always hope that people an and will change for the better. I think that nothing is permanent, not even corruption, and I like to think that maybe one day the people who care will be able to take over. Most of the time my realism tells me this is impossible, but it's a good thought.